11 Oct 2022
Vacancy: Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach
Job Title: Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach
Organisation: Huddersfield Giants
Contract Type: 2 years
Interview Date: short listed applicants, week commencing 24/10/2022
Huddersfield Giants are taking applications for the position of Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Huddersfield Giants run an outstanding elite rugby league development system, and an opportunity has arisen to be a part of its team. The successful applicant will work within the strength and conditioning department and lead the delivery of the youth strength and conditioning program.
This will cover leading all programming, delivery, and reporting of the Giants strength and conditioning program within the academy u18s team and being responsible for the programming of our part-time reserves players. This also includes overseeing the Giants scholarship u15s and u16s strength and conditioning program.
The successful applicant will report to the Rugby Manager/Head of Youth, Head of Strength and Conditioning and the Academy Head Coach on all aspects of the youth strength and conditioning program.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
· Plan and lead in the delivery of all strength and conditioning elements within the u18s academy program
· Oversee the scholarship u15s and 16s strength and conditioning program
· Plan and lead in the delivery of the reserves team strength and conditioning program
· Lead all strength and conditioning activities at both reserves and academy matches
· In co-ordination with the academy physiotherapist, plan and deliver prehab and rehab programming to reserves, and academy players
· Provide nutritional and recovery education and support to all academy and reserves players.
· Be available to assist in first team strength and conditioning activities if/when necessary
· BSc (Hons) Sport Science/Strength and Conditioning or equivalent degree
· Prior experience working with elite junior sports professionals
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a gym-based environment
· Knowledge of basic rehabilitation principles
· MSc or equivalent post-graduate qualification
· Prior experience within elite junior rugby league strength and conditioning
Please send your covering letter and CV by email to Rugby Manager/Head of Youth Andy Kelly at email@example.com
Successful short listed applicants will be invited to interview week commencing 24/10/2022
Start date for the successful applicant will be immediate or as soon as is possible.
Pre-season programme starts in November 2022